Halfway around the world, countries are battling it out in the Beijing Olympics. Today, you and your teammates will "race" against your fellow young professionals as you travel throughout the city completing tasks and competing in various fun games and tasks to win the Gold Medal. . Join TTD for an exciting brand new day long race throughout Washington, D.C., filled with unique activities, great exercise and lots of fun. Though there will not be shot put or the high vault, these less strenuous and very fun games will provide rewarding challenges for all.
How does it work?
1) We will begin at a central location where you will be placed onto one of many teams. You will then choose a country to represent (out of fairness - not the U.S.). You'll be given a clue as to the location of the next check in point (where the spy has last been seen).
2) There may be certain items you will need to get before getting to that location, and there will be certain fun tasks and games you will need to be prepared to complete when you arrive at the next location.
3) The clues given to you at each check in point list will always present information that you must decipher to find out the next check in point. If there are items involved between rounds, each team should take whatever items it has obtained and complete whatever tasks possible in the time allotted to arrive the location by the designated time. If you are late, you lose points. (If you are unable to decipher the clue, the location will be revealed via a telephone number that we will provide and will update periodically throughout the day)
4) As Olympic athletes, you are expected to use your wits, teamwork, skills, good humor and ability to have fun to win the Gold. Based on your completion of tasks, and retrieval of clues and items, you will be evaluated and judged against your fellow young professionals.
5) Throughout the afternoon, you will visit various locations throughout the greater D.C. area, where along the way your search for clues and tasks will take on many shapes and forms.
6) At the final check in point, the team with the most points will have captured the spy and receive the Gold Medal. Special treats await all participants at the finish line. (Prizes awarded to the top teams)
All teams must use public transportation. Teams caught using personal cars will be disqualified. We recommend that you bring an all-day Metro card that you can purchase from a Metro station. Alternatively, we recommend that you bring a Metro card with at least $10 on it when you arrive.
Throughout the day, you will visit many landmarks in D.C., restaurants, schools, theaters, and much much more! The success of your team in capturing the Gold depends upon your team's skills, creativity, resolve, speed and ability to have fun!
Suggested Attire: Casual. We suggest comfortable clothes and sneakers.
Directions: Meet in Chinatown - underneath the Arch (actually corner of 7th and H). Corner right outside the Metro.
if you purchase by 5 pm Tuesday, Aug 5